Sunday, October 23, 2011

Enjoying Italy

Wow. So sorry it has been a long time since I last wrote. I have just been having so much fun I forgot to write. So what you have missed? Let's see...I have been to the Perugia Eurochocolate Festival, I have hiked through the five towns of Cinque Terre, I have cooked three Italian desserts and I have been improving my Italian. I have been enjoying myself here but I am missing home terribly. I have already gone through my homesickness. I have done all the crying and now I am on Fall Break (Spring Break in the Fall). I will be heading to Greece later this week which I am so excited. So let me elaborate more on what I have been doing. First, the Chocolate Festival which was wonderful especially for a chocolate lover like me. It was nice because we received a choco card where we were able to receive free chocolate all day. Also, Perugia was beautiful  but very cold being on top of a big hill. The Five Towns were beautiful as well but a lot of work. I had my best and favorite dish in Manrola where I had spaghetti with clams, very delicious. The three Italian desserts came out okay. I made tiramsu, almond biscotti and an orange cake. The best out of all the desserts was the orange cake but the chef, Tomaz, who taught us was the best and so funny. Had a fun time messing up delicious desserts. Lastly, the improving my Italian has been fun. All the conversations I have had with Italians have been hilarious because of my bad Italians but they say I help them improve their English so it is always a win win situation. Well Ciao for now!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home