Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sorrento, Capri, & Pompeii

This past weekend I went to the great cities of Sorrento, Capri & Pompeii.( A beautiful picture of Capri above that I took). Our first night in Sorrento we were treated to the best pizza I have ever had. It was so delicious and so many different kinds that by the end I was so stuffed. After dinner a few of us decided to stay at the ristorante where we meet this waiter named Tony who had tattooed on his arms "Believe" and "Bros before Hoes" which we all thought was hilarious. We tried grappa which is like an Italian moonshine which was so hard to swallow then we had limoncello which Sorrento is most famous for since you can literally pick the limons off the trees on the street. After we left the ristorante, we just decided to walk around and we ran into his three woman from San Diego, California who asked us to take their picture then they took ours. Our first night was quiet an adventure especially trying to find our hotel which we had to take a taxi to since we could not find it. We relieved that night that we lived on the main road that was very dangerous and had the smallest sidewalk then no sidewalk.  Scary watching the cars, vespas and huge tour buses fly down the hill passed you but I survived. The next morning we had to wake up early to take the local bus to the port to get on the ferry to Capri. They ferry was only an hour ride but we got there in 45 mins which was nice. The first thing we did when we got there was take a trolley up the mountain which is were I took this the picture. We got to the top and then walked down the other side of the mountain literally to get to the most beautiful beach with the clearest water I have ever since. It looked like I was swimming in a pool with salt. The bad news is that my friend Katherine was stung by a jellyfish, not badly but it still hurt. After that we went on a three hour boat ride around the whole island. It was so wonderful and I got to go into the blue grotto which was extremely blue. They guys were singing to us as they took us in there. So funny. After the boat ride, we headed back to the Sorrento where we ate dinner and headed back to our hotel to sleep. The next morning  we woke up early, checked out and headed to Pompeii. Now, Pompeii was beautiful. It was amazing to be in a place that I have read so much about and seen on television so many times. Seeing the bodies encased in plaster was amazing! The most scariest fact I learned is that Mount Verivus is just sleeping that they were waiting for it to erupt which is scary. Well, I am having a great time here in Italy I'll write again soon.

1 Comments:

At February 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing a review about the place in Sorrento. I was impress on your blog and now I am planning to visit that place on this coming summer. But before that I will try to find hotel Sorrento because according to my friend that was the best hotel on that city. I visit their review here and I got a lot of information on their hotel.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home