Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scuola...

Classes are very interesting here in Florence. The classes are taught like an American classroom except cellphone use is not permitted at all. There are signs everyone that say cellphones are not permitted. You are only allowed to absent once throughout the whole semester. A second absence puts you at risk, a third is a complete letter drop and a fourth is a complete failure. All my professors have Italians accents and all the students come to class with hangovers (which is nothing different from home sadly). I love all my classes. I'm taking Travel Writing, a Marketing Mix class, Cultural Anthropology, and Italian (of course!). The buildings for the school are all over Florence and you need a code to get into every building but its not too bad of a walk. Oh yeah! They have an Italian Family Club which I signed up for but the unfortunate part of it is that they only have twenty families and thirty people signed up. So they are doing an interview process so I hope I get it. I should find out by next week. Next weekend I go on my first school trip to Sorrento, Capri & Pompeii which I'm so excited for.Something very interesting that is happening is that more Italians are coming into the city now that tourists are slowly leaving. It's interesting to see the Italian family and the teenagers since school starts for them this week. I feel like there is so much to say but I can not make it all come out lol. I'm learning so much and seeing so much sometimes its so hard to take in. I have to say though I was homesick for the first few days but as I slowly made friends it go better plus being out and about everyday really does help. Well must head to bed I'll continue to share my adventure with you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home