Monday, September 5, 2011

Getting Settled In...

It's been six days since I've been here and i'm pretty much settled into my apartment. I'm already missing american food. Don't get me wrong I love pasta but I miss meat lol. We did find an american diner and a sushi place, thank god. I finally ate real authentic gelato which was delicious. I have torta di nonna which is Grandma's Pie and nutella yogurt but I think Grandma's Pie is my favorite so far. I have strolled along the Palazzi il Duomo which is very active between 7:30 pm and 11pm and around midnight is when the Italian nightlife actually begins. Saturday night we saw what a lot of young Italians do. We don't know if it was a special occasion or if it was something that happens every Saturday night. People just sit on the steps of the Santa Croce (A Church!! by the way) and drink wine. It's like a nice hang out spot. People were out until 3 o'clock and beyond it was an incredible experience because everyone was just having a good time. It's something you don't see in America and it was a joy to experience. I have been over one of the oldest bridges in Florence and to one of the oldest restaurants as well. I found out there is no speed limits here as well that don't bike or drive mopeds until you know how to drive like an Italian. You don't have to tip waiters or taxi drivers, it's not expected only from Americans except you do tip if you like the restaurant a lot. I can not wait for class tomorrow!! I'm so excited and also I plan on joining this Italian family club were you get to get adopted by an Italian Family. I'm so excited!! Well, I'll write again to tell you about how classes went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home